Chili Pepper Stage
(Main Stage on Spring St.)
• 3 p.m. — Random Axis
• 5 p.m. — The Bigsby
• 6:30 p.m. — Scooter Brown
• 8 p.m. — Backseat Molly
• 9 p.m. — Hot Pepper Surprise
• 9:30 p.m. — Casey Donahew Band
• Noon — Professor Porkchop
• 3 p.m. — Pushwater
• 4 p.m. — Darc Thirty
(Family Stage, Downtown)
• 11 a.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 11:15 — Dogwood Square Dancers
• 11:30 a.m. — Oli-Pena Costume Contest
• 11:45 a.m. — Confessions of St. Augustine
• 12:30 p.m. — Steps of Faith
• 12:45 p.m. — Parade winners announced
• 1 p.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 1:15 p.m. — Confessions of St. Augustine
• 2 p.m. — Guppies from Outer Space
• 3 p.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 3:15 p.m. — Guppies from Outer Space
Chili Pepper Stage
- Local Scene
Dogwood Jamboree features salute to George Jones
A salute to country music icon George Jones is on tap for the Dogwood Jamboree’s “All American Country” show set for 7 p.m. Saturday at the Palestine Civic Center.
Burning the note: First United Methodist Church of Palestine celebrates debt-free status
First United Methodist Church of Palestine recently celebrated the retirement of a debt of $1.5 million from the sanctuary building renovation in 2007.
Good EXPO-sure: Chamber's annual Business Expo a hit with community, vendors
One does not need to travel far in their search for wireless service, tax prep, ways to fight crime, end hunger or help a loved one receive top care in their golden years.
Drugs seized, 1 arrested in bust by Palestine Police Drug Enforcement Unit
The Palestine Police Department’s Drug Enforcement Unit seized over a pound of drugs and arrested a local man during the execution of a warrant at a city residence on Wednesday.
City athletic complex upgrades underway
Palestine’s athletic complex is shaping up to be one of the city’s MVPs, thanks to the cooperation of city and economic development officials.
Getting a 'Taste': Over 300 attend annual Taste of Palestine event Thursday
More than 300 people attended the Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce’s Taste of Palestine event — getting the opportunity to taste different types of food, desserts and wine from 15 local businesses including restaurants and wineries.
- A cool treat
Man injured in one-auto collision on Texas 19
A man was life-flighted to a Tyler hospital Wednesday morning after the truck he was driving veered off U.S. 287/Texas 19 South and hit a tree.
- Jackson Street home damaged in blaze
- Splashin' around
- More Local Scene Headlines
- Dogwood Jamboree features salute to George Jones