- Palestine offers unique opportunities We hear it over and again. If we did not know better, we could begin to accept the statement as fact: “There is nothing to do in Palestine.”
- PCT’s quality shows keeping us entertained
- The truth really hurts
- The jewel in our midst We have a real jewel in our community in the Palestine Public Library and all the programs it offers area residents year round. At the library, you can find valuable programs for every age group from toddlers to senior citizens.
- Patriotism: Not just an emotion As our nation’s birthday approaches, many of us will hang our flags outside our houses, break out our red, white and blue shirts, and watch fireworks displays set to stirring music.
- Reduce speed limits to cut gas consumption If the politicians are serious about reducing the nation’s dependence on foreign oil and also cutting emissions, then there are some simple steps they could take to help achieve those goals beyond the hyperbole spewing out of Washington.
A salute to fathers
Today is the day we salute fathers across this nation.
A special salute should be given to all of the dads; the men who had a game of catch with their sons even though their arms were tired from a hard day of work; the men who folded themselves in half to fit in a half-sized chair to have “afternoon tea” with their daughters.
Dallas should leave river undisturbed
What’s the cost of washing a car in Dallas?
More than just tokens in a car wash slot.
- Follow the trail of money in 2008 Well, it’s New Year’s Day, and it looks like we are going to be having a busy year ahead of us, at least in terms of news.
- Practice shopping cart courtesy Has the world come to an end or is it just me? Do we really need to hurry so much through life that we can’t extend a little “shopping cart courtesy” to one another.