- INSTANT MESSAGE: The Suffering Savior
- LIFE BEHIND THE PINE CURTAIN: The final word on health
- Ask Debra: Marriage Uncertainties
Cooking with Simon: Tasty Timbale Seafood Appetizer
I know you’ve probably all heard of the timbale drum but did you know that this is also the name for ramekin? These small porcelain molds that are used for soufflés, mousses or custards are called a timbale in many countries and that is what I grew up calling them.
At the Movies: “Beautiful Creatures” an enchanting film
Ever since the “Harry Potter” books arrived on the scene, we’ve been bombarded by books and movies that reveal a secret, supernatural world right alongside our own. Some have been pretty good, like “Underworld” and some have been pretty lame, like “Twilight.” Richard LaGravenese’s “Beautiful Creatures” is one of the good ones.
- Life Behind the Pine Curtain: The East Texas Redneck Special Forces
- Instant Message: The Greatest Commandment
- INSTANT MESSAGE: True Love Never Fails
Sensational Salad with a Seafood-Citrus Twist
I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day. The best part for me was cooking a special menu inspired by the color red. Everyone had a great time and the food was as beautiful as the red roses on each table.
One of the favorites of the night was a seared scallop appetizer with a mango salsa that I served in a romaine leaf. It could be served on its own, add more lettuce to make it a salad, or double the ingredients, add some rice and you have a meal.
- ASK DEBRA: Argument at church
- More Columns Headlines